My Code of Conduct
I wish to be transparent about how I create content and my compensation.
I follow the general rules of journalism ethics but I do want to stress following:
- I strive to be open, independent, critical – also towards myself – and to avoid hidden agendas.
- I always try to use facts as fairly and accurate as possible.
- If I accuse any party for wrongdoing, I will try to lay out the fact and include the accused party’s explanation.
- I try to write my blog as balanced as possible and not to make too sensational headlines so my content lives up to the promise in the headline.
- I acknowledge the individual’s rights to be respected personally and maintain their privacy.
- I make sure that the sources, who wish to be anonymous, are anonymous – also after the content is publicized – as long as I know the true identity of the person and the motives behind the wish to be anonymous.
I credit my sources by their names and when possibly a direct link or retweet to their commentary. In other words; I don’t plagiarize. I do not use other’s work and pretend it is my own. I declare my sources and explain who they are and what they do for a living, so it is easier to judge my sources motives.